Options for XLReportGen
XLReportGen is a report generator for Microsoft Excel that outputs reports in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format. If you know how to use Microsoft Excel and write SQL statements, you can use XLReportGen to create all kinds of reports as you need.
To create a report, XLReportGen need to read a report template file and an XRF file. The report template file is a Microsoft Excel workbook that defines the layouts and formats of a report. The XRF file contains SQL statements and some information, and tells XLReportGen how to get data from database and how to put data into a report. First XLReportGen creates a blank report using the report template file, and then executes SQL statements in the XRF file to get data from database, and fills data into the report to generate the desired report in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format.
* Use Microsoft Excel as your reporting tool.
* Easy to use. Just Microsoft Excel and SQL.
* Powerful and flexible. Microsoft Excel are powerful and flexible.
* Saves money. Do not need to buy extra costly reporting tools.
* Saves time. Reduce development time and training time.
* Improves productivity. Reports are in familiar formats.
* For various users: IT users, business users and developers.
* Using Microsoft Excel as your reporting tool
* Making report template directly using Microsoft Excel
* Accessing databases using SQL
* Creating reports without programming experience
* Connection to all databases using ODBC
* Supporting multi-databases in one report
* Generating reports with parameters
* Supporting Windows mode and command line mode
* Creating complex reports
* Creating reports with charts
* Creating reports with pictures
* Many reports in one Microsoft Excel workbook
* Conversion of file formats
* Generating reports automatically
* One time configuration
* Flexible deployment