Options for Silhouette PlugIn
Silhouette is a plugin for Adobe Illustrator 8, 9
and 10 to convert bitmap images to vectors
images with unique correction tools.
It instantly converts black and white or colour
bitmap images into vector designs ready for
use. Graphic artists are faced every day with
the problem of having to redesign logos or
illustrations because the files they have to use
are less than perfect (faxes, visiting cards, low
definition files) or the original fonts have gone
Unique correction tools:
* righting a logo so it is perfectly horizontal: a
logo is never perfectly aligned in a scanner.
* sharpening corners: these are very often
rounded or truncated and amending this in a
standard program can be a very
* suppressing unnecessary points:
simplifying outlines and streamlining the
touching up process, thereby saving time.
* converting 'flat curves' into straight lines: an
enlarged flat curve always reveals defects.
* aligning segments on the same axis: all
logo base lines or letters aligned in one fell
* smoothing tangents: when two curves are
not tangent they create bumps that affect the
harmony. Detecting them and correcting them
can be quite a chore with standard programs.
* suppressing unnecessary points in curves
whilst retaining their shape: curves will have
an optimum number of points and will be
quite straightforward to manipulate.
The smartest way from bitmap to vectors!
Silhouette is available for Windows and