Options for PDF DocuReader
The free solution for your help system
Use pdf files in your program's help system and as user manuals!
Which tool and which file format do you use for displaying the program help in your software?
• Typically, the software of today stores its help in .chm-format. But .chm files are potential carries of security threats and are oft blocked by the security software.
• The HTML-format requires a lot of separate files (texts, images etc.).
• The HLP-format was introduced with Windows 3.1 and does not correspond to the actual technic level any more. Also, the HLP-Viewer WinHlp32.exe is no more distributed with Windows Vista.
• PDF files are a good solution, but a separate reader is required. The free Adobe® Reader provides no possibility to realize a context sensitive help. Besides, Adobe® Reader is no more easily distributable.
The solution: use PDF DocuReader from soft Xpansion! Start the program directly from your application like this:
sx-pdf-docureader.exe PDF_filename optional_page_number
and all the necessary functionality for the help presentation are available.
The PDF DocuReader functions:
• Open, read and display any PDF files
• Show the needed document page at start
• Navigate using the bookmarks, links, buttons "Next page" and "Previous page"
• Zoom and search function
The free version of PDF DocuReader for the commercial usage starts with a splash screen and shows the logo of soft Xpansion in its toolbar. The logo-free version can be purchased for a fee of 100,- EUR excl. WAT. In this version you can add your own logo and splash screen instead of those of soft Xpansion. Other customization possibilities are also available - please contact us!
PDF DocuReader bases on the actual version of our PDF programming tools PDF Direct & Quick View and PDF Quick Viewer. Both libraries have already application in our PDF products as well as in the software of other developers.