Options for DeepCoder
With DeepCoder you can protect your privacy when you are sending confidential e-mails and/or files over the internet and when you are storing private files on your computer.
DeepCoder is a program to encrypt, decrypt and/or digitally sign e-mails and files using secret keys (passwords) or public keys.
It can be used with any e-mail program or wordprocessor program. No plug-ins are required.
DeepCoder in a nutshell:
- Very easy to use and very straightforward!
- DeepCoder works with any POP3 e-mail client (like Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Pegasus, ...) or a browser for webmail (Yahoo! mail, Hotmail, ...) to encrypt and decrypt e-mails.
- DeepCoder works with any wordprocessing program to encrypt and decrypt (parts of) text.
- DeepCoder can encrypt and decrypt files.
- DeepCoder can create encrypted and compressed archives with multiple files and an optional textmessage.
- DeepCoder uses secret key encryption (AES/Rijndael) and public key encryption (RSA).
- Digital signatures: DeepCoder can digitally sign your e-mails and files. You can even have files signed by multiple people.
- DeepCoder can create self-extracting files so you can send encrypted files and/or textmessages to people who do not have DeepCoder installed.
- Encrypt and/or decrypt files by simple drag-and-drop.
- Decrypt files by double-clicking.
- Encrypt and/or decrypt textmessages by pressing a hotkey (or many other ways...)
DeepCoder can encrypt your e-mail message and makes them unreadable to anyone, except the person you send the mail to. Such a 'message' can be ordinary text, but it can also include one or more files.
If you know that other people can easily get access to your computer and your files and you don't want them to read your files, DeepCoder is just the tool for you.
With DeepCoder you can encrypt your files so that nobody but you (or someone else who has the key) can read your files.