Options for Data Access Components for MySQL
Data Access Components for MySQL
Data Access Components for MySQL (MyDAC) is a VCL/VCL.NET/CLX component library for fast direct access to MySQL from Delphi, C++Builder, and Kylix. MyDAC is heavily performance- and stress-tested to provide the fastest available native connectivity to MySQL. MyDAC features full support for all MySQL data types and features, including support for locking, SET and ENUM types.
MyDAC is easy to use in both new and existing applications. It is a complete replacement for standard MySQL connectivity solutions and integrates well with third-party libraries and Core Lab database development tools. Comes with full documentation and a large set of demo projects.
- Direct access to server data. Does not require installation of other data provider layers (such as BDE and ODBC)
- In Direct mode does not require MySQL client software and works directly through TCP/IP
- Full support for the latest versions of MySQL and support for all MySQL data types
- Disconnected Model with automatic connection control for working with data offline
- Local Failover for detecting connection loss and implicitly reexecuting certain operations
- All types of local sorting and filtering, including by calculated and lookup fields
- Automatic data updating with TMyQuery, TMyTable, and TMyStoredProc components
- Unicode and national charsets support
- Supports many MySQL-specific features, such as locking, SET and ENUM types
- Advanced script execution functionality with TMyScript component
- Support for using macros in SQL
- Integration with MySQL Developer Tools for performing advanced database development and administration tasks
- Easy migration from BDE with Migration Wizard
Versions of MyDAC are available for CodeGear Delphi 2007, Borland Development Studio 2006, Turbo Delphi, Turbo Delphi for .NET, Turbo C++, Delphi 2005, Delphi 5,6,7,8, C++Builder 5,6, and Kylix 2,3. MyDAC supports MySQL server versions 5.1, 5.0, 4.1, 4.0, and 3.23.