Options for Bean Software Search Control
Bean Software Search Control
Enable feature rich database searching in your Windows application or on your web site!
You can choose between four ways of searching: any word, all words, phrase or boolean search expression with AND, OR and NOT keywords.
Bean Software Search Control creates WHERE clause of SQL Query to database. It supports searching with LIKE keyword with standard SQL that works with any database and also MS SQL Full Text Search for optimized searching on SQL Server. There is three editions: ActiveX control, Windows Forms .NET and ASP.NET Web custom control.
Beansoftware Search Control supports four ways of searching:
- Any word - control creates query that returns records which contain any of the searching words
- All words â returns only the records that contain all requested words
- Phrase - searches for exact phrase in database
- Search Expression - this type of searching is similar to Google's. User can insert something like '(apple or banana) and not kiwi'. Returned records will be correct for person who likes apples or bananas but not kiwi. This search option is customizable and you can set keywords 'AND' 'OR' and 'NOT' to your language words or to '+' '' and 'â' like Google does.
It is possible to choose where in record is searching needed:
- Beginning of record - returns only the records which start with search term
- End of record - returns only the records which end with search term
- Middle of record - this is default value, returns the records which contain search term on any place in record
- Exact record - record value must be exact same like the search term
Two technologies of searching are supported:
- LIKE keyword - this technology of searching supports SQL (Structured Query Language) for working with all popular databases (MS Access, SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle etc.)
- MS SQL Full Text Search - this is optimized way of searching that works only with MS SQL Server databases